Texas Common Legal Issues in Real Estate covers 4 hours of CE credits for the 2016–2017 license renewal period. Revered industry veteran Charles J. Jacobus provides an extended discussion on legal topics. Updated to reflect 2015 legislative changes in Texas, this text includes discussion of everyday legal issues affecting brokers, such as contracts for sale, homestead laws, and deceptive trade practices. Students appreciate the engaging writing style that brings the material to life, making it relevant and keeping it current.
Table of Contents
1. Sponsoring Broker’s Executive Summary of the New TREC Regulations
2. Homestead Issues
3. Fair Housing
4. Water Rights
5. Mortgage Fraud—Still an Issue!
6. Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
7. Negligent Misrepresentation
8. Real Estate Trust Account
9. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
10. New Forms