For decades this popular principles book has laid a solid foundation for thousands of new real estate professionals starting a rewarding career in the real estate industry. Known for his clear presentation and engaging style, Charles Jacobus brings together all the pieces of real estate giving students the fundamentals they need for success. This best-selling principles book has been updated to reflect numerous changes in modern real estate practice. Particular attention has been given to new regulations in the mortgage industry while still reinforcing the core concepts that have been the cornerstone of American real estate ownership.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Real Estate.
2. Nature and Description of Real Estate.
3. Rights and Interests in Land.
4. Forms of Ownership.
5. Transferring Title.
6. Recordation, Abstracts, and Title Insurance.
7. Contract Law.
8. Real Estate Sales Contracts.
9. Mortgage and Note.
10. Deed of Trust.
11. Lending Practices.
12. The Loan and the Consumer.
13. Sources of Financing.
14. Types of Financing.
15. Taxes and Assessments.
16. Title Closing and Escrow.
17. Real Estate Leases.
18. Real Estate Appraisal.
19. Licensing Laws and Professional Affiliation.
20. The Principal-Broker Relationship: Employment.
21. The Principal-Broker Relationship: Agency.
22. Fair Housing, ADA, Equal Credit, and Community Reinvestment.
23. Condominiums, Cooperatives, PUDs, and Timeshares.
24. Property Insurance.
25. Land-Use Control.
26. Real Estate and the Economy.
27. Investing in Real Estate.
Appendix A. Construction Illustrations and Terminology.
Appendix B. Real Estate Math Review.
Appendix. C. Interest and Present Value Tables.
Appendix D. Measurement Conversion Table.
Appendix E. Answer to Chapter Questions and Problems Index and Glossary.