As the most trusted and well-informed legal resource on Texas real estate law, Charles J. Jacobus delivers clear and thorough coverage of the many aspects and complexities of real estate law today in Texas. The 11th edition is a complete and well-organized study covering what the law has been in the past before moving to what it is at the present--all with a perfect balance of principles and practice. This new edition also reflects changes from the most recent Texas Legislative session.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Basic Process of Real Estate Law.
2. Estates in Land-Freehold Estates.
3. Estimates in Land-Statutory Estates.
4. Legal Descriptions.
5. How Ownership is Held.
6. Fixtures and Easements.
7. Real Estate Brokerage.
9. Contracts for the Sale of Real Estate.
10. Voluntary Conveyances.
11. Involuntary Conveyances.
12. Recording, Constructive Notice, and Acknowledgments.
14. Interest and Finance Charge.
15. Method of Title Assurance.
18. Landlord and Tenant Relationships.
19. Condominiums and Cooperatives.
20. Regulation of Real Estate.
21. Real Estate Taxation.