This new edition reflects current principles and practices of real estate finance, in light of the financial crisis and mortgage meltdown that began in 2008. Covering both residential and commercial real estate finance, the text includes specialized mortgage lending procedures and the latest federal laws and regulations. The guide is supplemented by ARGUS software exercises with computer-based analysis and technology integration.
Table of Contents
1. History & Background.
2. Money & Interest Rates.
3. Mortgage Money: Regulated Lenders.
4. Other Primary Market Lenders.
5. Mortgage Money: The Secondary Market.
6. The Mortgage Documents.
7. Mortgage Repayment Plans. 8. Federal Government Underwriting Programs.
9. Borrow Qualification.
10. Property Analysis.
11. Commercial Loans: Construction & Land Loans.
12. Commercial Building & Farm Loans.
13. Other Financing Practices.
14. Technology Advances in Mortgage Lending.
15. Environmental Issues.
16. Settlement Procedures.