This popular real estate textbook introduces core industry concepts in a clear, organized presentation. A vibrant two-color design and real-world examples keep users engaged. Students will gain the solid foundation they need to succeed in modern real estate. The book includes simple contracts and policies, math review, real-world scenarios, and expanded coverage of the mortgage industry. The book's self-paced study guide includes exam-style questions.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Real Estate.
2. Nature and Description of Real Estate.
3. Rights and Interests in Land.
4. Forms of Ownership.
5. Transferring Title.
6. Recordation, Abstracts, and Title Insurance.
7. Contract Law.
8. Real Estate Sales Contracts.
9. Mortgage and Note.
10. Deed of Trust.
11. Lending Practices.
12. The Loan and the Consumer.
13. Sources of Financing.
14. Types of Financing.
15. Taxes and Assessments.
16. Title Closing and Escrow.
17. Real Estate Leases.
18. Real Estate Appraisal.
19. Licensing Laws and Professional Affiliation.
20. The Principal–Broker Relationship: Employment.
21. The Principal–Broker Relationship: Agency.
22. Fair Housing, ADA, Equal Credit, and Community Reinvestment.
23. Condominiums, Cooperatives, PUDs, and Timeshares.
24. Land-Use Control.
25. Investing in Real Estate.
Appendix A: Construction Illustrations and Terminology.
Appendix B: Real Estate Math Review.
Appendix C: Measurement Conversion Table.
Appendix D: Answers to Chapter Questions and Problems.
Index and Glossary.